Medicare Fraud and Abuse: Prevention, Detection, and Reporting Training 2018
Although no precise measure of health care fraud exists, those intent on abusing Federal health care programs can cost taxpayers billions of dollars while putting beneficiaries’ health and welfare at risk. Medicare fraud and abuse increases the financial strain on the Medicare Trust Fund. The impact of these losses and risks magnifies as Medicare continues to serve a growing number of people.rse will address common types of Medicaid fraud and abuse so that providers may recognize, report, and prevent them.
- Identify what constitutes Medicare fraud and abuse
- Identify provisions and penalties associated with Medicare fraud and abuse
- Recognize methods to prevent Medicare fraud and abuse
- Recognize entities that detect Medicare fraud and abuse
- Recognize how to report Medicare fraud and abuse
Click on the following button to review the Medicare Fraud & Abuse: Prevention, Detection and Reporting training prepared by the Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services.