Why am I receiving more than one bill for the same surgery?
There are a number of separate charges associated with your surgical procedure. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Our Surgical Center – facility fee for your surgical procedure.
- Your surgeon’s office – his/her fee for performing your surgery.
- Anesthesiologist – his/her fee for anesthesia services for surgery.
- Radiology – services for x-ray, if required.
- Pathology – services for tissue specimens removed during surgery requiring further examination.
- Laboratory – services for laboratory tests run on specimens removed during surgery.
- Durable Medial Equipment – equipment to help you recover safely at home after your surgery (slings, boots, crutches, etc.)
What type of credit cards do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and CareCredit. You are welcome to visit the CareCredit website at: www.carecredit.com to pre-apply for their services before your date of surgery.
When should I expect my first bill?
We will bill you any balance due after your insurance company has paid your claim. There may be a delay if your insurance company has paid us incorrectly and we have re-submitted your claim for a corrected payment and allowance determination.
Do you charge interest?
Are we able to set up a payment plan?
We do ask that all balances are paid in full within 45 days. If you encounter problems paying within the 45 days, please contact our business office.
What is your credit and payment policy?
Unless arrangements are made in advance, full payment is due within 45 days of your surgery.
We will submit insurance claims for you. We may request that your deductible and copay amounts are paid on or before your date of surgery. You will receive a notice from us regarding the amount to pay.
If you anticipate difficulty in paying your bill within the 45 day period please let us know immediately.